E71 Business Email: Mail For Exchange Updated To Version 2.9
Posted by Mike Macias
The fellas over at E-series.org reported the news a few weeks ago that Mail for Exchange has been updated to version 2.9. In case you haven't tried MFE, it's Nokia's solution to checking your Microsoft Exchange business email from your E71.
Release Notes Related to Nokia E71...
• Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, are disabled by default on new installs. This is to prevent users from inadvertently losing Calendar, Contacts and Task data.
• When editing your Out of Office (OoO) message on the the device, Mail for Exchange retrieves the current OoO message from the server when the setting/tab is accessed and OoO is set to "Yes", instead of periodically as in previous versions. This may cause a short delay and requires connectivity with the server.
• Much better battery life in adverse network conditions. If the Mail for Exchange client can’t maintain a connection to the Exchange Server, it automatically switches to polling every 15 minutes. The client will switch back to Always on at the next scheduled period.
• Mail for Exchange setting tabs are no longer dynamically displayed, instead all tabs are always displayed.
• Manage your device by name instead of IMEI via Outlook Web Access (OWA) email client (if account allows). Users of OWA can perform device management features on their phone clients such as wiping the device. The phone model name is now visible in the status field. This is helpful for users who are synchronizing several phones.
• Pictures in contacts are now synchronized.
Personally I use the Seven application for my Exchange email needs.
Click here to download the latest version of Mail For Exchange for the Nokia E71.
For more Nokia E71 email solutions check out the Email Discussion category.